Who Governs this program?
- Headway is governed by a Steering Committee that is made up of representatives from 6 agencies: RCMP, Probation Services, Hanover School Division, Child and Family Services, Southern Health (Public & Mental), and The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba.
Who qualifies for Headway?
- Youth ages 12 – 19 who are involved with multiple agencies and live within the Hanover School Division catchment area.
How are they referred?
- Anyone can refer a youth to Headway.
Who decides if a youth is accepted into Headway?
- Headway has a screening committee who collectively decide who is eligible for our program.
How long can a youth be a client?
- A youth can be a client for as long as they need to be up until their 20th birthday. Even at that point, we will pad them with all necessary supports and are always available to consult.